Background

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Garden and Nature

Surprise!  I have some flower photos today.  You like flowers, don't you?  I was looking through some pics and found a few I'd never shared, so let's just step back into the warmer months for a few moments.

The first is Foxglove and Lace Cap Hydrangea.  All the Foxgloves currently in my garden were transplanted from the wild, and they've cross pollinated between deep pink and white to produce some lovely, delicate shades.




The pretty pink Columbine pictured below came from the self-sown seeds of a blue hybrid.




Nature does a fine job on her own with no help from me.  The next few photos were taken on a June day in our local Great Outdoors.  First we have fluffy grass seed heads and a lone dandelion.




Blackberry blooms next.  Love those polka dot leaves.




Wild Sweet Peas:




My Sweet Pea in the Sweet Peas (LuLu):



I need to get out there and look for the beauty in our current season.  I've been preoccupied with holiday card making and a few other things.  It's time to breathe in, breathe out.  Have a beautiful day!




15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden you have. It all looks so natural. I don't know how you can drag yourself away from all that, but I know cardmaking is your love also. Maybe you need Rick to build a screen-in room where you can stamp and enjoy the beauty of nature too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous garden and gorgeous flowers love the beautiful foxfloves and columbines-we call them Grandmas Nightcaps.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly question, of course I love flowers! And especially your photos of the amazing artistic beauties growing in your area since we don't get to have them here in the hot-humid place. The foxglove is gorgeous! I had no idea that colors would cross pollenate like that, but it certainly makes sense! DUH! My grandpa used to cross pollinate African Violets and was quite successful at selling them in his nursery. Your Sweet Pea in the sweet peas is darling, too! How can you not love her? Thanks for sharing your garden with the rest of us, Leslie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my it is so pretty to see all the lovely flower pictures, I love them all year around :) It is amazing to me the plants I will see popping up that have seeded themselves, that is always nice when you don't have to put the work in :) I love that picture of Lulu, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for the reminder of our beautiful Summer days with a bit of wild flora. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. pics from warmer times is a YES!!!. All the pics are lovely. I've never seen a wild sweat pea. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL! I can smell the sweet fragrance of these flowers and feel the warm breezes just looking at your photos! (such awesome photography!) Thanks so much for sharing ... and yes! I LOVE flowers of all kinds!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we could go back to summer! It's snowing here now! Yuk! Love your gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pictures from your garden! I love the foxgloves and the sweet peas - yours too! I'm looking at 8" of snow so I really appreciate your photos! Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog! I really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Lulu, what an adorable photos and the flowers are just divine.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow gorgeous!! and yes I saw the video!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leslie, you have captured such beauty in your gardens and the great outdoors. The Foxglove is stunning. I think my favourite is although they all seem to be is Lulu among the Sweet Peas, beautiful picture! Also I saw your video this morning in my Feedly, but when I clicked on your website it wasn't there. I was able to view the video from Feedly. Have a wonderful Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous photos!! That is like an English country garden... So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The advantage of living on the wet side is you still have flowers about in places where we do not with the coldness. I do like the fur baby in the mix though, made me smile. Hopefully you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. My sister and family came into town and brought their puppy. It was fun to have a fur ball in the house again. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete