Background

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pretty Ornaments

I hesitated to share this card because I can’t tell you where I got this image.  It was a free digi from somewhere.  I saved it to my computer and then promptly forgot where I found it.  The thing is, I’ve been enjoying Pinterest lately and one of my boards is titled “Free Digital Stamps”.  Mostly I repin other free images I find on Pinterest.  I repinned one such image recently and shortly thereafter got a message from Pinterest stating that the original pinner had taken the image without the owner’s approval and it had been removed from all boards.  I sincerely hope I’m not doing wrong by sharing this today, and I’d love to say “thank you” to whomever made this very pretty image available.

OrnamentsDec2012

This is another one of those simple cards – a pretty image surrounded by pretty paper (BasicGrey Jovial).  I printed on Flourishes Classic White cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I dared to add a gold glittered sprig and bow, hoping it will be indiscernible to the post office officials.  The ornaments are glittered as well.  Perhaps you can see it a little if you use your imagination.  The sentiment is from JustRite.

Happy Holidays!

20 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family! This is a simply stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous!! I can see the glitter very well...so pretty!! Yes, Pinterest can be a bit challenging at times...but oh how I LOVE it!! Have a safe and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh nice card! I'm glad you took a chance and displayed the image w/o knowing the origin. We all had the benefit of looking at a delightful Leslie card and I thank you.

    I recently ventured into Pinterest-land. It's rather addictive, so have tried to limit my time there. It's difficult. Such a fascinating place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Such a Leslie card...this lifted my spirits after having read too much of the news today...you know what I'm talking about...the brightness of the colors and the bird symbolize hope to me when I see this...thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us Leslie! XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Leslie. That image is Bird and Bauble from Floppy Latte. I also used it on a card I did for Perfect Sentiment Challenge Anniversary Blog Hop back in October. I love it. Here's a link to it on my blog. http://www.maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/christmas-magic-psc53d.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the images and your coloring. Glad to see I'm not the only one that can't remember where I get images from. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, like the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they make me smile. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Leslie! Turned out wonderful and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leslie, we got our GORGEOUS card in perfect shape :-) Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful "Work of Art". Your forever friends, nancy and denny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing and beautiful! Love your color combo and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such amazing color... so rich. Beautiful BEAUTIFUL card, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card! I love the colors & the paper is perfect! I know what you mean by "daring" to add things to your card when it comes to the post office. I put so much extra postage on my cards this year to cover the "sins" of handmade cards that I could have sent out twice as many! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It IS pretty! I love the colors you used and I CAN see that sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the image- the colors you used are lovely! The stitching and the gold- fab touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowie Miss Leslie!! this is Just So Gorgeous and vibrant and I Adore your Fabulous coloring! The dp's are Wonderful too I actually have some in my stash and have been hoarding it away, lol Now I feel I need to break it out and use it!! lol Just a Beautiful creation! Thanks for the inspiration! 8-)

    Hugs & Happy Holidays! 8-)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, so beautiful, Leslie!! I love your card from yesterday, too. I know you feel "limited" with not adding all those extra embellishments, but you do it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card - thanks for sharing! Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card Leslie. Thanks for letting us see it.
    Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas. hugs Alexandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! The colors are so rich and vibrant!!!

    ReplyDelete