Background

Friday, April 27, 2012

Just the Garden Today–July 27, 2011

I think most of you know how passionate I am about the garden, and you may remember an earlier post in which I talked about the garden restoration project I’m dedicated to this summer. We’ve had a lot of construction and hardscaping done recently and it pretty much tore up the existing garden. I kept telling myself it would be better in the end, all things considered – easier to care for, easier to live in. It has a little way to go before it fills in and looks the way I want it to, but it’s coming along. Much remains to be done. I thought I might share a few of the interim photos today. The photos will enlarge quite a bit if you click on them.
 
This is the south deck off the kitchen. It’s soon to get spruced up with a new finish.

Garden1

Garden2

A Butterfly bush near the deck. Very fragrant.
 
Garden3

Hydrangea and smoke tree near the driveway.
 
Garden4
 
Lace cap hydrangea and corydalis along a garden path.
 
Garden5

I love hydrangeas. They grow well and fast here. Very easy care, and bloom from late Spring well into Fall. A bush will get quite large and showy, so one shrub becomes a significant player in the garden. I added these colors this year.

Garden6

One last picture with Wally enjoying the landscape. This is a good place to chase a ball into the woods.
 
Garden7

Later there will be more flowers blooming in the beds. At this point I’m still mostly working at restoring order, but it once again feels like my favorite place on earth, and the vision is coming into focus.
 
Thanks for coming by for a visit today. I hope we can get together again soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment