Background

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Remembering Marvin–Feb. 7, 2009

On Thursday, February 5th, we buried Marvin right here in one of his favorite garden spots. I can hardly begin to tell you how sad I am about that.

garden-marvin-and-azalea-close-may08

I’m telling myself all the usual things, like “he had a good life; he was well loved; we had many sweet years together.” But I miss him. I miss him, soft and purring, curled in the crook of my arm when I go to sleep at night. If Marvin had to choose between his next meal and his next hug, he’d take the hug. He loved to be hugged. Poor Marvin. I loved him and I miss him terribly.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, Leslie, I didn't know you had a kitty. I'm so glad I've taken some time to look through your categories. That's a beautiful resting place for him. I want to give you the name of a book I know will win your heart - it did mine.

    "From the Ground Up" The story of a first garden by Amy Stewart.

    Our son gave me this book for Mother's Day of 2003. We were planning the first of our moves then and my heart was literally breaking. Even now, just thinking of it brings tears to my eyes. The garden I so loved, that had given me such sanctuary - our children, just starting off on their own. How could I up and leave? I was beginning a new season - it was a growing season for all of us.

    Thank you for allowing me to see this photo of Marvin. I think he'd approve of your return to the garden. {insert smile}.

    Gentle hugs,
    Susie ~

    ReplyDelete