Background

Monday, April 23, 2012

Wild Rhodies–May 16, 2010

This weekend I did some planting and fertilizing, and had some time left over to work in our wooded area. I’m really enjoying that extension of the garden this year. It gets prettier every day! Thought I’d share a photo of the native rhododendrons in bloom. If you'd really like to step into the scene you can click on the photo to enlarge it.

WildRhodies

Sigh… I couldn’t have planned anything prettier back there. The yellow violets are on their way out, and the trillium have turned from white to lavender, but the hepatica and rhodies are blooming, the elderberry trees are budding, and this weekend I spotted a native variety of toad lily with its shy flower already hanging in bud beneath the leaves.  I love spring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment