Background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Playing Tourist in My Own Backyard–August 19, 2007

beach-08182007-anary-cropped
Well, this isn’t precisely my back yard, but close. It’s just a hop, skip and a jump away. The Seafood Festival was happening in the Charleston (Oregon) Boat Basin Saturday and we thought we’d wander into the thick of it for a little weekend diversion. I won’t keep you long on this subject, but I thought it might be fun to share just a little bit of where I live and what I do when I’m not at work, in the garden or in my stamp room.

We didn’t stay too long at the festival before we wandered off the beaten path. We found this little beauty in a back road shipyard. It had so much character I just had to photograph it. It still sports a little bit of the yellow which gave it its name — you can faintly see the missing “C”.
 
See the photos below for a trip down the road less traveled. The first photo is a strip of the Charleston harbor shoreline. We did hike all the way down there so we could enjoy it up close and personal. Enjoy your day at the beach!
 
beach-08182007-shoreline

beach-08182007-barge

beach-08182007-crab

No comments:

Post a Comment